Choosing a Cataract Doctor in Dallas
Cataract surgery is one of the most common surgeries performed worldwide. While surgery can greatly improve your vision, it is important to choose a cataract doctor in Dallas that has extensive experience and a successful track record of happy patients. Researching doctors on the Internet and getting feedback from friends who have had cataract surgery can help direct you toward good options. However, there is no substitute for a face-to-face meeting with the doctor to ensure you feel a good rapport and feel confident in their abilities.
During your cataract evaluation or eye exam, we encourage you to interview the doctor to make sure you are putting the best possible professional in charge of your vision. Below are some questions you should ask your Dallas cataract doctor. If the doctor cannot or will not give acceptable answers, it is best to continue researching other providers.
Questions to Ask a Cataract Doctor
- What professional organizations are you certified by and what organizations do you belong to?
- What specific training do you have in cataract surgery?
- How many years of cataract surgery experience do you have?
- How many cataract procedures have you performed?
- Where do you perform cataract procedures?
- What are the potential risks and complications of cataract surgery and how are they handled?
- Does my overall health make me a good candidate for this procedure?
- Do you think cataract surgery will produce the results I want?
- How much will cataract surgery cost? Are there any hidden charges? Are there financing options?
- Exactly how will cataract surgery be performed?
- What type of technologies do you use?
- What do I have to do before, during and after cataract surgery?
- What will the recovery entail and what kind of external help will I need?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with my surgical outcome?
At Saland Vision, we are ready to answer all of your cataract questions and show you why so many people have chosen us for cataract surgery in Dallas. Contact us to schedule an eye exam.