How to Detect Eyesight Problems Early On
Submitted by salandvision on March 25, 2018 - 1:21 pm
Eyesight problem is a broad term used to describe any imperfection in the ability to see. It can refer to a variety of vision issues. The most common eye problems are nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), astigmatism and presbyopia. These eyesight problems are due to an error in refraction – the way light is bent as it passes through the eye to reflect a sharp image. Other eye problems can include double vision, eye floaters, halos and more.
Detecting eyesight problems early on is important for keeping your vision at its best. The best way to detect vision problems is to have regular eye examinations and to know what signs and symptoms to watch out for.
Signs and Symptoms of Eyesight Problems
Eyesight Problems Include:
- Severe, sudden eye pain
- Recurrent pain in or around the eye
- Hazy, blurred or double vision
- Dry, irritated or tired eyes
- Seeing flashes of light or sudden bright floating spots
- Seeing rainbows or halos around lights
- Seeing a “curtain coming down” over one eye
- Unusual, even painful, sensitivity to light or glare
- Swollen, red eyes or eyelids
- Changes in the color of the iris
- White areas in the pupil of the eye
- Sudden development of persistent floaters
- Itching, burning or a heavy discharge in the eyes
- Any sudden vision changes
Many eyesight problems have no warning signs or symptoms and can cause permanent vision loss; or the problem may worsen without proper treatment. Regular eye exams are the best way to ensure a lifetime of good vision.
If you notice any eyesight problems or experience any changes in your vision, contact Saland Vision at 214-691-8000 or salandvision.com to schedule an appointment. During an exam in Dallas, Dr. Saland will work with you to diagnose your eyesight problems and suggest the best treatment option for your eyes.